Translate

04 September 2017

Shopping tips

If you knew me, like really knew me, you would know that I love shopping. Honestly, I talk about it a lot more than I actually do it and my friends have a feeling I shop every single day, but I don't. I like to browse a lot and I am in stores every other day, but I rarely actually buy something. Why am I justifying myself to you?
I already shared with you my tips on how to shop online so check it out. Anyway, I'm here today to share 7 tips on how to shop and prepare yourself better as I went shopping just yesterday.
Note: BREAKING NEWS!!! You'll actually see everything I got! I announced try-on post a lot of times, but you'll get this one! Comment if you want it :)

Wear beige bra. This had to be my first tip cause I always want to try on something white or light colored and I'm wearing a black bra. Of course, if this doesn't bother you, skip it, but I personally hate when my bra is showing through so having beige one (skin colored) is the safest option.
Wear comfortable shoes. Unless you already know what you're getting and where, it's probable that you'll have to walk around the mall or in the streets. For this reason you need to feel as comfortable as possible. I would suggest wearing sneakers.
Wear basic pieces. I like to shop while wearing ordinary jeans and basic, usually black, T-shirt. I do this because whatever I pick to try on, I'll know how it looks on the most basic pieces that go great with everything. These are also the pieces I wear the most so I know I have to pair everything with jeans.
Take heels with you. If you're buying a dress, possibly for some special occasion, take some heels with you. If you already have the heels you're going to wear take them, if not take some basic black or beige heels. You'll have the better idea of how it's going to look when you finish the outfit and also, if you're buying long dress, you'll know whether it's too short or too long.
Check all stores before buying. I usually leave everything I want at the cashier and I go around the mall to see whether some other store has something similar for a lower price. I usually find some great things. Even if I don't find anything, I have time to think about everything I left and decide what I really want or need.
Buy stuff you came for first. You need some jeans, but you buy 10 shirts first? Don't. Find your targeted item first and then continue the shopping if you have time and money. If you don't do it like this, it's possible you won't have the time or money for it later and you'll leave knowing you'll have to come back for the same thing.
Set your budget. I know it's hard because you have no idea what great deals you'll find, but think about some approximate number and try to keep everything in the budget. Since I work part-time and I don't have a big paycheck, I calculate how much I have or I'll get soon and that's my budget.

That's all I have. What are you shopping habits?

4 comments:

  1. These are great tips! I usually wear a white bra and camisole, which is what I would wear with a see-through or white shirt, but sometimes I forget and it's so annoying.

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, I forgot about cami >.< That's also almost a must! :)

      xoxo

      Delete
  2. I love that you're a prepared shopper. I'd say I am too. I don't enjoy shopping as much as I used to and I've become more of an online shopper, but if I go, I'm prepared. When it's summer and I'm wearing flip-flops or something, I bring socks in case I want to try on shoes. I bring a bag so I don't have to take home all the plastic bags. I definitely bring a hair tie cause my hair always annoys me A LOT when I try on clothes. I usually wear what I wear most of the time so I can match everything. And yes, I've taken my heels because the outfit just had to really work. But all of this usually makes me wanna order to my house because there I can combine everything with the stuff I have and also I'm lazy. :D

    xx Hailey - www.haileyjaderyan.com // www.instagram.com/haileyjaderyan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love your comment! I'm not used to shop online as I really want to see how it all fits, but I sometimes do cause there's so much cute stuff online haha
      hair tie - yes! haha

      thank you so much for coming, reading and commenting :*

      Delete